REFUND POLICY—BOY SCOUT SUMMER CAMP
Camp fees are non-refundable with the exception of genuine hardships and/or emergencies (family moves out of council, immediate family death, serious illness, etc.). Refund procedures are as follows:
- The Unit Leader must request any refunds in writing citing full details and including written statements from the Scout and/or his family when possible. Please do not submit family requests directly to the Council without a Scoutmaster’s recommendation/approval. This policy is to prevent duplicate requests being submitted.
- The initial $75 non-refundable deposit will not be refunded.
- Maximum refunds (monies in excess of the $75 initial payment) are available in the case of families moving out of council prior to camp or in other cases of genuine hardship on a case-by-case basis. Paperwork must be submitted two weeks prior to the scheduled camp session.
- Other refund requests received in writing prior to the Troop’s departure from camp may receive up to one-half of any funds received in excess of the $75 initial payment and will be at the discretion of the Camping Committee.
- Refund requests received after a Troop’s departure from camp will not be granted.
- All refunds will be made to Troops only, following the Camping Committee review in September.
- Scouts sent home for disciplinary reasons forfeit all refunds.