As a foundation for the BSA Thought Leadership Program, our goal for 2008 is to speak at every Rotary Club in the United States. As the program continues to grow, we will expand our targeted clubs and develop additional resources. Please feel free to schedule speaking engagements at your local Rotary Club or other local clubs and organizations.
Since their inception, Rotary International (1905) and the Boy Scouts of America (1910) have been partners in serving young people. The principles and goals of both organizations are closely allied. Character-building; service to country, to others, and to self; teaching leadership skills; and becoming aware of the world around us--these are all incorporated into the programs and activities of each organization.
The values expressed in Rotary International's Motto and the Four-Way Test greatly parallel those articulated in the Scout Oath, Law, motto, and slogan. Rotarians have long served as role models, demonstrating leadership, character, and the value of selfless service to the community. Rotary clubs in the United States charter nearly 1,400 Scouting units (Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, and Venturing crews) serving more than 50,000 youth members.
Through Collaboration With Scouting, a Rotary Club:
- Provides mentoring opportunities for club members to share personal skills, interests, and experiences with youth participants.
- Builds better youth and future leaders for the community and the nation.
- Shares the purposes of Rotary through Scouting.
- Forms enduring friendships among future leaders of the community.
- Provides service to the community by offering a time-tested, high-quality developmental youth program that has continuous identification with your Rotary club.
- Achieves greater public awareness of the ideals of Rotary.
Download the International Rotary and Scouting brochure, No. 03-233 [PDF - 4.9 MB].
To download the Rotary BSA Alumni Connection flier Click Here
For more information about Rotary International visit www.rotary.org
To find a Rotary Club near your council Click Here