National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT)
The 2014 NYLT course has been cancelled.
Please see below for information about the cancellation and how to sign up at another Council.
Unfortunately, because there were not enough youth registered to fill this year’s NYLT course, it has been cancelled.
There are councils in the area that offer this same training, and it may be possible to get enrolled. Please contact them directly. A link to the NYLT information at each council has been provided.
If you’ve already registered with the Illowa Council, you will be reimbursed for your payment. Refunds will be processed the week of June 16, and you should receive payment within 5 – 10 business days after that.
We are sorry for the cancellation and any inconvenience it has caused.
Contact the Council Service Center with any questions at (563) 388-7233.
Abraham Lincoln Council – Springfield, IL
Hawkeye Area Council – Cedar Rapids, IA
Rainbow Council – Morris, IL
Blackhawk Area Council – Rockford, IL
The National Youth Leadership Training is a six-day outdoor experience for Boy Scouts and Venture Members. The course represents a month in the life of the ideal Scout Troop or Crew. Participants will sleep in tents, prepare their own meals by patrols, and will live and interact by the principles of the Scout Oath and Law.
What Is The Purpose of NYLT?
· To give the Scouts confidence and knowledge to lead their home program.
· To instruct Scouts in the Eleven Skills of Leadership.
· To give Scouts the opportunity to work with and learn from other Scouts.
· To learn life-long communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
· To experience the ideal Scouting program in a fun-filled setting!