The Cub Scout Leader Book is a handbook for all adult leaders in Cub Scouting. Leaders will find information that will help them deliver a quality program for boys. The book is organized into six sections:
- Introduction: information on the BSA program, Cub Scouting purposes, character development, and family involvement
- Administration: guidelines on Cub Scouting policies, finances, uniforms, safety, and pack organization
- Boys: information on the Tiger Cub program, the Cub Scout program (Wolf and Bear Cub Scouts), the Webelos Scout program, Cub Scouts with disabilities, and managing boys
- Leaders: information on program planning, position descriptions, leader awards, training, and youth protection
- Activities: guidelines on the BSA Family program, Cub Scout Academics and Sports, outdoor activities, and Cub Scout camping
- Appendices: advancement forms, award applications, tour permit forms, and uniform inspection sheets
Used with Cub Scout Program Helps, the Webelos Leader Guide, and the Cub Scout Leader Book, this book will enable you to plan den and pack programs that will be fun for everyone. The Cub Scout Leader How-To Book answers countless questions, including:
- How do I plan a skit for next month's pack meeting?
- How do I find a new game that can be played indoors?
- How do I make papier-mâché?
- How do I plan the blue and gold banquet?
- How do I help make my Cub Scout with special needs more successful?
- How do I make pack meetings more upbeat?
Filled with games, tricks, puzzles, crafts, stunts, skits, puppets, Ethics in Action activities, and outdoor fun, this book will show you how to make your den and pack activities sparkle. And while boys are having fun, they will be learning, advancing in rank, and strengthening relationships with one another.
Webelos Leader Guide (No. 33853)
The Webelos Leader Guide supplements the Cub Scout Leader Book by providing activity ideas for den meetings, activity badges, advancement requirements, and Boy Scout transition activities. Different den program plans are also provided for leaders to use according to their unique situations.
Cub Scout Program Helps (No. 34304)
The annual Cub Scout Program Helps is such an important resource for Cub Scout leaders that it has often been called the foundation for successful Cub Scouting. This book provides a detailed, easy-to-follow program to assist leaders in planning meetings. For each month, you will find ...
- Four weeks of theme-related Tiger Cub den meeting plans, including suggestions for great Go See It trips.
- Four weeks of theme-related den meeting plans for Wolf and Bear Cub Scout dens. (Webelos den leaders will find similar den meeting plans in the Webelos Leader Guide.)
- A complete plan for Cubmasters to provide an action-packed, theme-related pack meeting.
- Games, songs, skits, and outdoor activities to keep boys interested and coming back for more.
- Supportive resources for all leaders.
The current month and next month's program helps are available online.