Are you tired of doing the same old routine? Did you know that the Boy Scouts of America operates 420 Scout camps, 60 council high-adventure programs, and three national high-adventure bases? Each of these offers opportunities for a variety of summer camp staff jobs. Most Scout camp staff are at least 16 years of age, but some camps have a few select jobs for youth who are a year or so younger. The national high-adventure programs employ young people who are at least 18 years of age. The Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer that hires both females and males, as well as people of all ages and ethnic groups, diverse cultures, and mixed abilities.
Why Apply for a Camp Staff Job?
Here are a few of the countless reasons that are frequently expressed:
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
Why work at a fast food or retail establishment that focuses on sales when you can have opportunities like these that will prepare you for more meaningful endeavors?
How Do You Apply for Scout Camp Staff?
For more information about opportunities in your area, contact your local council. Enter your ZIP code (or the ZIP code in the area where you'd like to find summer jobs) to retrieve contact information for your local council.