What is COPE?
COPE stands for Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience. A COPE course is a custom build challenge course or ropes course designed to meet the needs of the Boy Scouts of America. Project COPE is an exciting outdoor activity for youth and adults who seek greater challenges to their physical and mental abilities.
What is Climbing?
Climbing is not a sport that requires a tremendous muscular strength, it demans mental toughness and the willingness to practice and to master a set of skills. The adventure of climbing can also provide a new way to enjoy the outdoors.
Are you interested in providing a thrilling and beneficial program for your older Scouts or for your Adult Leaders?
Illowa Council has three COPE/Climbing programs for you to consider:
Team Building COPE - A fun way to develop young leaders using team concepts (Ages 13+)
COPE Facilitator Training - Learn how to keep the older Scouts interested and involved (Ages 16+)
Climbing Instructor Training - Detailed training to safely lead your unit in climbing activities (Ages 16+)
September 20th-22nd 2013 - Click here for more information
Getting started is easy- follow these simple steps:
1) You have already met step one by expressing interest and contacting the Illowa Council.
2) Decide which program you are most interested in and select several potential dates.
A) ______ Team COPE ______ COPE Facilitator Training ______ Climbing Instructor Training
B) First Date Choice: _____________________________________________________________________
Second Date Choice: ___________________________________________________________________
Third Date Choice: _____________________________________________________________________
3) Call one of the Directors (listed below) to arrange a date. A Nat. Camp School Director must be present at your event.
Director's Name :_________________________________________ Date Selected: __________________
4) The Director will clear the date with the Illowa Council Service CCenter to avoid schedule conflicts.
Date Cleared: ______ Yes _______ No
5) Once the date is arranged with a Director and the date has been cleard; complete the following forms:
A) Property Usage Application- Submit to Council Service Center with appropriate fees
* Form not needed if you are attending one of the Council scheduled COPE or Climbing Trainings.
B) Annual Health & Medical Record- Needed for every participant, no exceptions. Please bring with you to Camp.
C) Hold Harmless Agreement- Only needed for Non-Scouting Groups.
6) All participants must have health forms and pay fees to the Council Service Center before admitted.
7) Director will provide a completed roster to Council Service Center within 48 hours of event.
Illowa Council COPE Director Bob Morrison- Phone: 563-260-9651 mailto:email@example.com
Illowa Council CLIMBING Director G. Scott Gregg- Phone: 309-737-2001 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
|| Scouting Rate
|| Youth Group Rate
|| Corporate Rate|
| Team COPE
|| $12/person ($100 min)
|| $25/person ($250 min)
|| $50/person ($500 min)|
| COPE Facilitator Training
| Climbing Instructor Training
Eight Family of Knots
COPE/Climbing Interest Form
Annual Health & Medical Record (links to FORMS page)
Hold Harmless Agreement (non BSA members only)